Saturday 8 June 2013

8th June 2013 - School Is Over

I had convinced myself that I had accepted the fact that I was going home and these people would no longer be apart of my daily life, that was until the bell rang 1 hour earlier then expected and I sat in my school for 1 1/2 extra hours, I let 3 buses pass and still did not take one of them. I just couldn't bring myself to get up and walk out for the last time but as the hunger sank in my Italian teacher offered us a ride home and my host sister and friend Gianluca got tired of waiting, I set off with my Italian Flag Cape draped around me with pride and exited for the last time!

But this day all began at 6:50 am this morning....

I was late as usual but this morning it was easier to jump up out of bed, as Giulia followed me to the bus complaining that she didn't want to go I spotted the bus and made Giulia run, luckily we had a nice bus driver today who waited for us unlike every other bus driver in Italy. We got on the empty bus and for once found a seat to sit on the boys up the back played sad songs with their guitars and mumbled the english lyrics, not one word was spoken this trip, I was preparing myself for the day to come.Today wasn't a normal day it was an "Art Conference Day" as the Italians like to call it, a day merely devoted to sitting around with your friends doing nothing! 

I found my friend Debora and we went with some others and watched our Italian teacher rock out to ACDC and Beatles infront of most of the school! Many photos and selfies were taken and I certainly left my mark in Italia by writing my name in permanent texta all over their bodies but strangely enough everyone wanted me to write something on their shoes! Coryn an exchange student found me in the afternoon and together we set off with no shame into the disco that was occurring in the middle of the oval, but of course no disco was quite complete without our other third Sophie we stayed here for the next hour dancing with our Australian and American flags! 

After the heat stroke had set in and it was 5 minutes to the bell I quickly ran up to my class, and as my happiness from the dancing quickly wore off the tears start to fall as the last goodbyes were said and one by one they left the class and I was left their crying to myself (until of course they tore me away). 

And my last day was gone just like that, just as fast as the past 142 days that I have been living here have gone.....


I have sat here for an hour staring at my computer contemplating how I could describe a day that meant so much to me in so little words, the tears kept falling and Giulia played the piano in the background, just like a movie, and now I realise, my life is like a movie, I am living a dream and everyday I am grateful because these memories and the changes I have made will stay with me for a lifetime <3 <3 <3




















1 comment:

  1. Oliviaaaa:) ti avevo detto che avevo trovato il tuo blog! è semplicemente fantastico e ti ringrazio per tutti i momenti passati fino ad oggi, tutti i consigli da exchange student che mi serviranno tra pochi mesi (no big loves and eat a lot). appena lo so, ti dico dove abiterò in Germania;)
    Sarai sempre la mia Miss Scott, e io per te ♥

    ReplyDelete